Thursday, March 6, 2008

Good Beans

Okay, I have discussed the cooking of evening meals. Tonight we had a new soup made with black beans. Boy, was it ever delicious. My Honey says the receipe was in a flyer from PGE with the utility bill.
I spent way too long cleaning my bicycle tonight. I realized today that I had not cleaned the drive train for over a year... I pulled the rear wheel and took the cassett off to scrub with degreaser. Then I removed the crank arm with the big chain rings. I disassembled the three chain rings and cleaned each chain ring.. After that I pulled the rear derailler and cleaned the jockey pulleys. After I cleaned it I forgot how to "thread" the chain and had to go in the house to look at my other bike to see how to get the chain back together again. When all the parts were together, I lubed the chain and now it sits in the garage waiting for me to wipe the excess oil off the chain.. I hope it works as good as it did before I cleaned it all.. Usually, a clean drive chain will be more efficient.

No comments: