Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Remote Control

I had an opportunity today to learn the difference between "On Demand" and "DVR" controls on the remote control. I called the cable provider to report that some programs which I had recorded on the "DVR" were stopping and not playing when I tried to watch them at a later time.

I told the service rep that I was experiencing the problem but I told her that I was recording using the "On Demand" function. I was not thinking about which button I was inputing on the remote.

The nice service rep tried to straighten me out that I could not be recording using the "On Demand" key ... I was finally on the same page as she was and then I reported the problem. The result of all this is that a service person will make a house call tomorrow.

Now I know the difference between "On Demand" and "DVR".

No comments: