Saturday, February 9, 2008

Giro d'Bici Bike

On the second Saturday of each month I "lead" a bicycle ride for my cycling club. Today was the day. The ride is the same route every month and the riders who do it frequently know the way around the circuit. Forty miles is the basic route. We ride from the Bici bike shop in a group and exit town into the foothills. The ride is well attended. It is very popular with the club members. It is not unusual to have as many as fifty riders on the ride.

As ride leader my responsibility is to record the names of each rider on the sign in sheet. Then I ride at the rear of the group and help any rider who has a mechanical problem. The ride regroups at a coffee shop about half way through the ride. Conversation and coffee is what everybody enjoys. Then back on the bikes and finish the ride.

Today I rode very close to the forty miles. I did 38.6 miles.. Guess I did a short cut. Ha Ha.
Now, as I sit and write this blog I can feel all my leg muscles getting tight. I hope I can get our of bed in the morning. Since it is early in the cycling season those muscles need to get back into shape..

No comments: