Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sorry 'bout that

Sorry that I did the lousy blog yesterday. Nobody needs all that "Blah".

Sweet day today. Did a nice bicycle ride with three good friends. Interesting group in that I am the "old" guy. I can keep up just fine on the flat part. If the road tilts up I have to slow because I am carrying my holiday stomach with me. Twenty pounds makes a world of difference on a hill.

Today we were all just spinning on the mostly flat 30 miles. Only one overpass.

The "youngster" of the group gets his hard workout on the day before our ride. So, our ride is a cool down for him. He still likes to try to "hurt" us every now and again. We mostly just let him go and just keep our pace mellow.

The two guys in the middle age group have their own problems. The big guy is way overweight. He needs to lose fifty pounds to get back into shape. Then the fourth fellow is closer to my age and he is a excellent cyclist. Actually, he is my mentor. I've ridden with him for close to fifteen years. Every thing I know about cycling I learned from him. He just needs to get more saddle time and he will be back in shape.

It was a great ride and good fellowship. That makes my day..

No comments: