Sunday, January 20, 2008

My True Love

Yesterday I ended my post with a statement that "Life is Great". Well, the reason life is great is because of a wonderful lady who has become a giant part of my life. Karen and I found each other last year near her birthday in November. We both belong to a bicycle club in our local community. We have been members for years and had done numerous club rides but not especially drawn to each other. Karen lost her husband in 2005. I lost my wife in 1994.

What event brought us together? A simple E mail from her to me asking if I was doing any rides other than the one ride I lead on the second Saturday of each month. I answered her E mail and then decided to go on one of her rides. Karen leads a weekly ride around the neighborhood in the east side of town. I went to her ride and as we chatted during the ride I learned that Karen was ready to begin a relationship, or at least start dating. The rest is history. We are a couple now. We are engaged. We are in love and we want everybody to know about our love.

Now I can really say "Life is Great"...

1 comment:

iJuls said...

Congratulations on finding the greatness in life again. All the best to you and your new love.