Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rainy Day Exercise

Staying fit in winter is difficult. If you don't have a membership in a health club how do you get any exercise? Since my favorite exercise is to bicycle. I like to ride at least twenty miles for a good work out. That equates to about two hours riding. Of course I take a break at the half way point. But, I'm still on the bike for the majority of that time.

So, today I set up the "trainer" in the bedroom and "cycled" for almost an hour. I say almost because I found reasons to stop. To get my I-Pod and then another time to turn on the floor fan. I actually worked up a bit of a sweat while pedaling on the trainer.

The trainer is a device which holds my bicycle on a frame and allows the rear wheel to turn against a resistance wheel. You pedal and the trainer hold the bike stationary. Since you just sit there you need a breeze to cool you and some music to keep you from becoming too bored. So, I got my exercise today even though it was raining.

No comments: